IRMCO GEL® 986 is a special application lubricant that is a fully synthetic paste with characteristics more of a gel. IRMCO GEL 986 was designed for larger diameter tube-bending of carbon and stainless steels but has also found limited use on smaller diameter, aluminised stainless tube. IRMCO 986 GEL can be applied through the mandrel or applied manually.
IRMCO GEL 986:
• Contains no mineral oil, pigments, phosphorus, chlorine, sulphur, zinc or PFTE (“Teflon”) or any other solid friction modifiers.
• Is viscous-clinging to wipers and mandrel balls preventing / minimizing dripping onto floors.
• Is easily removed in aqueous cleaners in immersion, ultrasonic or spray applications.
• Is used “as received”.
• Is easily waste treated in conventional systems.
• Has successfully replaced chlorinated paraffin containing paste lubricants.
• Is compliant with maintaining ISO 14000 directives.